Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Are We There Yet?

Packing for a 10 week trip is something I've never had to do. Do I pack 8 pairs of socks? 15? or bring every pair I have, just in case? There definitely needs to be a self-help book for this problem that I am quickly discovering I have; since when does it take a normal human being TWELVE hours to pack a few t-shirts, four pairs of shoes, and a sweatshirt?
Amongst all of this craziness, though, I'm pretty sure I'm the most nervous about this whole blogging situation. I've been asking more people for blog advice than for travel advice, and this has me a bit concerned. My fraternity's chef, Darlene, has the most hilarious, concise, and successful blog (fraternitykitchen.net) I've ever heard of, and that makes me as nervous as a pledge that has to approach her for the first time. I'm trying to keep this blog funny, up-to-date, informative, and thoroughly entertaining. So, please bear with me as I (hopefully) improve my blogging skills throughout my quarter in Ecuador.
I have one more day of packing, hopefully I'll succeed this first little task, then on to the next one: Arrive in Quito, Ecuador. This just begs me to ask: Are We There Yet?

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear more. I'm so glad you landed safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm glad you landed safely too:) Will be keeping an eye on your blog. Looking forward to it. Darla

    ReplyDelete